Chemistry & HSE Officer
Are you experienced inwater chemistry and HSΕ regulations?
If yes, this is a chance to be part of Elpedison, a leading Energy & Utilities Multinational Company and “Great Place to Work” Certified for the year 2022-2023.
Chemistry & HSE Officer is responsible for the monitoring of plants’ chemicals management and the follow up of environmental, health & safety regulations and legal framework in Thessaloniki. Reports to Chemistry & HSE Compliance Section Manager.
- Supports both CCGT’s of the company, one located in Thessaloniki and one at Thisvi.
- Follows up operational data regarding chemistry, environmental, health and safety issues on a daily basis.
- Follows up usage of chemicals and gases.
- Follows up the acceptance of use of new materials at the plants (COSHH related work).
- Follows up the inspections of the HRSG-ST-BOP during outages.
- Follows up and controls Water Treatment Plant in cooperation with maintenance section.
- Prepares the monthly reporting (e.g. CO2 emissions, chemical and gas usages, waste, etc.).
- Prepares the data for environmental reporting as demanded by the authorities (CO2, Waste, EPTR, REACH, etc.).
- Prepares the information sent to the authorities regarding any breach of environmental limits and regarding any problems with the monitoring equipment.
- Cooperates and communicates with the company’s auditors regarding the CO2 emissions audits.
- Introduces and performs modifications regarding chemistry and health & safety issues.
- Follows up maintenance of equipment related to chemistry & environmental monitoring.
- Manages contacts with external companies.
- Conducts periodic on-site inspections to verify compliance with safety standards in the areas of work entrusted to contractors.
- Conducts internal audits for ISO requirements.
- Follows up relevant legislation changes in cooperation with the Health & Safety services vendor.
- Undertakes licenses renewals of the company on the field of his/her expertise.
- Chemical Engineering of Polytechnic University.
- 3 years of previous working experience in a generating unit and especially in water chemistry.
- Knowledge of primary H&S and environmental legislation.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of strict Quality and HSE protocols (esp. IS09001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (oral & written)
- Excellentcommand of MS Office applications
- Excellent analytical thinking
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Flexibility for travelling to Thisvi & Athens when requested.
- The company offers an attractive remuneration package and a stable working environment for an extensive professional growth.
About Optimal HR
Since 2005, Optimal HR provides unparalleled, bespoke HR services to large organizations. We pride ourselves on delivering a 360° business support platform to our clients through 4 divisions: Talent Acquisition & Talent Development, Learning Services, Workforce Management, Neuro Consulting.
[To send your CV please click here.]