The Driver/Luggage Porter will be responsible for Soho Roc House Vehicles with the aim to transport our guests to and from the airport. The successful candidate will be the face of Soho Roc House since the driver is the first and last representative that our guests meet. With a detailed knowledge of the Soho House Group and its concept, you will carry out duties as directed by your managers, with a professional approach towards our guests, members and other employees.
As part of our Soho House team your role is to make sure that our members have an amazing experience every time. Possessing natural hospitality charm, we will give you a platform to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Needs to comply with all the traffic/road rules and regulations of the state while also following the policies of Soho Roc House
- Drives the guests between the hotel and the airport or any destination in accordance with Soho Roc House policies and rules
- Responsible for the vehicle and ensures that maintenance is regularly performed
- Reports all accidents, injuries, unsafe working conditions and damage to Soho Roc House vehicles and related property
- Drivers may be required to lift luggage into the vehicle and unload them at Soho Roc House
- The employee is responsible for fueling the vehicle
- Takes suitcases and bags from guests checking in
- Carries luggage while escorting guests to their rooms and carries departing guests' luggage to cars or taxis
- Visible in Reception/Lobby area when not engaged in other tasks
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as well provides transfers when necessary
Driver/Luggage Porter Benefits
Soho Roc House offers a competitive salary with career development opportunities, based on the candidate's qualifications and skills. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating and motivating environment which values and is committed towards its employees.
When you join you will receive a load of amazing benefits, including:
- Meal provided whilst on shift
- Discount on all Cowshed products
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- We’ll support you with the tools and training you need to develop yourself personally and professionally
Soho Roc House offers a seasonal working contract from May to October.
What we are looking for – Driver/Luggage Porter
- Team player who communicates well with all colleagues
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Yes, yes, yes mentality
- Can do attitude
- Have a genuine passion for food and beverage
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Proven experience as a Hotel Driver
- Valid driving license
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Attention to detail and a structured way of working