Position: IECHP Manager
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Project
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: Indefinite (with 1 month of probation period)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the IEC (Information, Education, Communication) Health Promotion activities in the project and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards in order to increase the knowledge of the target population around their health, the support of preventive activities and the collaboration to improve the services.
- Defining and updating the HP/IEC strategy and related activities through annual project and budget plan (objectives, target population, campaigns, messages, activities, specific actions, etc.)
- Assessing knowledge of the target group on a health risk and analyzing the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors), Identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities results and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities.
- Assessing, developing and adapting IEC/HP materials according to the needs of the project. Ensuring content and format have been pre-tested with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, full understanding of the messages. Leading focus-group discussions with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, broadcasting and full awareness of the messages, ensuring they are worded in a pedagogic manner.
- Liaising with other relevant actors (national and International NGO’s, authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population.
- Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team, to guarantee that the HP is part of medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project.
- Knowing protocol(s) for Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and ensuring its application. Identifies possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team for treatment according to protocol(s).
- Supervising the IEC/HP team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the IEC / HP staff of the project. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department, the administration manager and project coordinator and according to MSF vision, values and procedures. Ensuring that HP/IEC participates in counselling services when needed, specially including Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VTC)
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
- Actively support the intercultural mediators (ICM) team and ensuring the day-to-day implementation of the intercultural mediation activities at project level, including (but not limited to) managing dynamics in the trialogue communication between mediator, patient and care provider; preventing and managing possible misunderstandings, communication blockages and tension; interpreting; PFA; information and orientation (e.g. sociolegal); collecting testimonies and providing emotional support.
- Represents MSF towards other actors and community in the absence of the Project Coordinator or Project Medical Referent during meetings; contributes in setting up clear referral system with other actors and follow-up system for patients supported during emergency medical activities and mobile clinic activities.
- Strengthen community involvement in decision making in order to improve and address their Mental Health and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) concerns.
- Identify indicators and use concrete tools to measure and monitor HP/IEC/ICM activities, results, achievements. Collect statistical and monitoring data and elaborate reports (monthly, quarterly, satisfaction surveys and others according to the needs) respecting the deadlines.
- Follow up the HP/ICM team in order to identify emotional burden and refer for psychological support.
- Ensuring that MSF procedures and protocols are being followed to guarantee the operational quality of the project.
- Be flexible and adapt to changes; undertake other tasks or responsibilities according to the needs of the project, changes of activities, upon request of the line manager.
- Possibly participate in emergency activities when needed.
- All the above-mentioned general accountabilities are meant to be applied both for IECHP and ICM Departments.
- Education: Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies.
- Experience: Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF. Experience in qualitative research is a plus.
- Languages: Essential English. Knowledge of Greek/French is an asset.
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Behavioral Flexibility; Stress Management; Results and Quality Orientation; Service Orientation; Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "IECHP Manager" in the subject line of the e-mail:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing date: 02/01/2023
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.