Camp Management Coordinator (national contract)
Duty station: Thessaloniki, Greece
Who we are:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization experienced in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. In the light of the high influx of migrants to the Greek islands, NRC has started an emergency response programme on the island of Chios in mid-October 2015. NRC directly assisted over 70,000 refugees and migrants, working together with the Greek authorities, humanitarian actors and volunteers to set up and maintain a dignified and efficient flow of refugees from arrival at the beach, via registration and reception facilities, to departure by boat or plane to mainland Greece. NRC Thessaloniki is now looking forward to cover the position of Camp Management Coordinators to respond to the humanitarian needs. Please visit our website at www.nrc.no to learn more.
What it is about:
The purpose of the Camp Management position is to support the manager with all operational aspects of the project. NRC is looking to fill two vacancies one for the in-camp response and one for the urban response project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Line management of Camp Management project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to Camp Management strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Camp Management projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure referral and follow up of cases, contribute to the design and establishment of a referral mechanism
- Plan and coordinate household visits, ensure daily report
- Provide guidance in the implementation of mapping exercises
- Contribute to developing adequate data collection tools and methodologies to conduct information-gathering exercises in Thessaloniki town
- Identify obstacles and constraints hampering beneficiaries’ access to the drop-in center and suggest design possible solutions to overcome them
- Contribute to attract potential target beneficiaries to the drop-in center
- Implementation of mobile complaints and feedback mechanisms
- To design, plan and organize events promoting inter-communal dialogue and integration between refugees and host population in Thessaloniki and surrounding areas
- Experience of Camp Management project implementation in a position in a humanitarian/recovery context, including information/data management, community engagement
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Greek, both written and verbal
- Strong skills in information/data management, especially for delivery of assistance
- Knowledge of Arabic very desirable and an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
You should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct.
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s regulations and Greek labour law
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10-07-2017 (applications received after the deadline will not be considered).
Submit your application letter and updated CV in English to the following link ad [To send your CV please click here] Greece location, Ref. nr.: 3488672635.
Applications will be reviewed as and when they are received.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer, with no discrimination in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.
Only selected candidates will be notified.