Corfu Holiday Palace is looking for a hands-on and passionate Chef de Cuisine for the a la carte restaraurant La Veranda
The position refers to Executive Chef.
- Coordinate and supervise all kitchen staff's activities & steward's team; perform all duties of culinary and related kitchen area employees in high demand times.
- Modify menus, create new ones and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, participate in other menu planning activities, recipe testing and menu development.
- Oversee set-up and service for each meal; check and improve flavor, presentation, temperature and portions prepared before and during meal times.
- Organize, assign and actively participate in the preparation of all dishes.
- Assist in recruitment and in the training of kitchen team, motivate employees to assure excellent results; identify and analyze training needs and perform appraisals.
- Estimate the daily production needs and check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that company standards are met at all times.
- Observe HACCP hygiene and safety rules; supervise the hygiene and maintenance of all food preparation areas.
- Provide an efficient and cost effective food service according to company standards, check daily food costs and improve the profitability of all outlets.
- Oversee storage, cold and freezer rooms, waste disposal and correct use of department equipment
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Set an example and follow a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times; ensure that all employees work in a safe environment and have knowledge of recent health and safety regulations.
- Previous experience as a Chef de Cuisine in à la carte or fine dining restaurants, ideally within a 5* hotel
- Culinary Arts Degree; a Master’s Degree will be considered as an extra asset.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; capable of delegating multiple tasks; stress management and financial skills (budgeting, forecasting)
- Good hygiene knowledge and HACCP standards
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure, keep up with cooking trends & best practices; focused on providing high quality results.
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]