One & Only Aesthisis is hiring an enthusiastic
Chef de Partie
for their new project in Glyfada, who will be responsible to produce foods within designated area and to prepare dishes in accordance with the stipulated recipes or instructions from senior kitchen staff as per menu requirements.
Maintain a high standard of production, quality, presentation, and cleanliness laid down by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that all preparation, production, dishes, specialized menu items are prepared on time and to the standard required by the executive chef.
- Maintain consistent flavor and presentation in conjunction with menu concept. Enhance the reputation of the outlet under the guidance of the sous and executive chefs.
- Allocate work to subordinates, observing their working methods and productivity. Assist them and coordinate with senior staff to provide subordinates with the necessary on the job training showing new or better techniques.
- Maintain a daily kitchen shift that will ensure all areas of responsibility are covered, including a consistently clean and orderly workplace.
- Ensure that all aspects of food handling, preparation, service and storage of all ingredients is to the relevant legislation. This is to include the correct labelling for cooked foods, temperature control of raw and cooked ingredients, correct storage of trolley items and handling of prepared foods prior to service periods.
- Ensure that all produce, dry goods and other ingredients issued by stores or suppliers are received to the required standard. You are to seek clarity on any food items that do not meet the minimum standards as laid down by senior chefs.
- Make the guests dining experience a memorable one by participating in restaurant and food service activities as required and fulfilling guest requests to the best of your ability.
- Ensure that all food safety standards – HACCP / Diversey or else are followed to the fullest.
- Assist with any other duties as required by the Executive Chef or another member of the management team.
- Qualification in professional cookery or similar from a recognized training institute
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a high-end restaurant, hotel or cruise ship environment with exposure to various catering styles and services including al a carte and buffet
- Minimum of 2 years' experience supervising staff at a lower level
- Knowledge of the highest standards and quality production, preparation and presentation within your specialized area
- Knowledge of the highest standards of hygiene practices as laid down by health and safety regulations as well as international catering standards
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Private insurance
[To send your CV please click here]