Name of the position: Child Protection Project Manager
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Number of subordinate employees: Directs: 3 Indirect: 20
Duration of the contract: 6 months, more if funding available
Greek National Contract
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries. In Greece since 2016, the office is currently developing a 5-year strategy in the fields of child protection, juvenile justice, migration and protection against exploitation. Tdh is working with the Greek civil society in order to strengthen and support the social services and safety nets that prevent children becoming vulnerable.
Tdh is also building up capacities to react adequately to changing situations in Greece in terms of new arrivals, relocations or other unforeseen events and developments.
More information on Tdh Greece interventions: https://www.tdh.ch/en
Main responsibilities of the position:
The Child Protection Project Manager is assisting and working under the supervision of the Field Coordinator in Thessaloniki. He/She is in charge of the direct implementation and supervision of the Child Protection project funded by the European Commission (DG-ECHO).
Team Management & Human Resources Management
- Identify, recruit, train and manage programme staff
- Ensure staff care
- Ensure Child safeguarding policy is enforced
- Evaluate the staff under his/her direct responsibility on a regular basis and pass on the evaluations and recommendations to HR
- Ensure the communication contract is implemented within his/her team(s) and project teams
- Develop his/her subordinates' self-reliance and encourage collaboration
- Develop, implement and monitors the Child Protection project, in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budgets.
- Ensure activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated and propose, when deemed necessary, amendments to the child protection strategy
- Follow up on the Child Protection and PSS situation in Greece, particularly in Northern Greece, and activities’ impact and propose adjustments of the project strategy if needed
- Forecast and follow up on expenditures related to the project.
- Participate in budget revision exercises.
- Prepare timely purchase requests in line with the project needs and in line with procurement plans for the programme
- Support required actions by the administration related to protection team management and supervision.
- Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the CP project and communicate these to the relevant log/admin support person(s).
Project Strategy, reporting and planning
- Ensure donor, governmental and internal reporting
- Feed information to the Field Coordinator and Programme Coordinator
- Participate in designing strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision
- Participate in CP and PSS assessments in its geographical zone of intervention or outside.
- Participate in the review of the strategy for Greece
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardised activities.
- Work in close collaboration and consultation with available government structures, non-government actors, cluster system and relevant stakeholders (including partners) if any
- Coordinate with other departments (programme and support) as necessary
- Increase Tdh visibility in terms of CP in Central Macedonia
- Participate in all relevant meetings
Abuse Prevention Policy – Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) – Operational Risk Management:
- Undertake to ensure the best possible implementation of the Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) and operational risk management (including Anti Corruption and Anti Fraud Policy)in his/her intervention zone and within the base and especially project teams)
- In conjunction with the Head of Delegation and the field coordinator, analyse the security situation in his/her area and inform line management
- Contribute to updating the security plan on his/her area(s) of intervention and suggest risk mitigation measures related to programme implementation
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programme
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position/high management position in the field
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with ECHO funds
- Significant knowledge and experience in logistics, admin and finance
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian response and development work
- Excellent written and spoken English and Greek (French is not required)
- Advanced IT skills
- Driving License.
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills
- Ability to work in an inter cultural environment
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Management skills
- Office Pack
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested by this position, please send a CV and cover letter in English to:
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
For the application to be considered, the e-mail and cover letter subject should mention:
Application for PMTHESS
Deadline for applications: 16.10.2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.