We are looking for an experienced Ex. Chef to lead the kitchen team for a 5* boutique hotel in the area.
An ideal candidate will be hands-on, set an example and be passionate about providing an amazing culinary experience to the hotel’s guests making also use of local cuisine.
At the same time, they must have a practical mindset to make sure that no products are wasted, and that food cost remains under control so the balance between quality/profit is achieved.
The position is for year round employment and should be seen as an opportunity for permanent employment in an upscale hotel where a Chef can utilize their creativity in creating a truly unique menu for guests to enjoy.
- Lead, mentor, train and manage culinary team
- Develop and plan menus and daily specials
- Research local products/recipes and incorporate them in the menu where appropriate
- Create prep lists for kitchen team
- Manage food costing and inventory
- Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes (HACCP) and regulations
- Establish maintenance and cleaning schedules for equipment, storage, and work areas
- Participate in interview process and selection of kitchen staff
- Schedule staff and assist in human resources processes as needed
- Lead the kitchen team in the conceptualization, preparation, and execution of a high-quality menu
- Be in charge for the culinary aspect and food for any conventions or events that might take place within hotel grounds
- Formal culinary training / culinary degree
- 6 -7 years’ experience in high-volume kitchens of 5* Hotels or upscale restaurants
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a similar position managing a kitchen team
- Good working knowledge of the English language (written/Verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of culinary techniques and practices
- Understanding of menu and recipe development techniques
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ongoing awareness of culinary trends
- Understanding of health and sanitation laws
- Excellent knife-handling skills
- Applied wine and beverage knowledge
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]