Call for CVs GR 19/106 Facility Coordinators
Position Title: Facility Coordinators
Duty Station: Pyrgos, Lamia, Livadia, Ritsona
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National SMS Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the SMS Area Coordinator, the role of the Facility Coordinator is the following:
- Support the Camp Manager and RIS in solving critical issues, identifying gaps and duplications in services.
- Establish and strengthen coordination with and amongst all site actors and engage in any other site activities and the daily management of the site, in coordination with all stakeholders; ensuring the compliance and alignment with the Mission’s policies and procedures.
- Build management and coordination capacity within site management team (delegates of the MoMP, MoD, municipalities, prefecture, etc.);
- Alert the site management teams and the respective technical teams when needs and gaps are identified, share recommendations and help expedite actions by relevant actors to address them in due time.
- Represent IOM at the camp level. Act as general point of contact in all matters pertinent to IOM’s intervention. Serve as the focal point for each development at site level (e.g. potential for improvement, collaboration with other actors).
- Encourage and monitor engagement, mobilization and participation of beneficiaries in site coordination structures with particular emphasis on the inclusion of women, children, elderly and persons with specific needs into decision-making processes;
- Support the site management team in managing information, including data collection on activities and service provision, and information dissemination to beneficiaries, technical working groups and stakeholders;
- Monitor, by means of coordination mechanisms on site, that actors and community representatives act according to contextualized and harmonized Codes of Conduct;
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Assist identify, by means of multi-level coordination mechanisms, partner to carry out and monitor site infrastructural improvements, repairs and rehabilitations aimed at enabling safe access to services for persons with specific needs where and if necessary;
- Assist the national authorities and site management teams to ensure that services (incl. distributions, WASH facilities, shelters, etc.) are accessible to groups/persons with specific needs;
- Support the care and maintenance of the site infrastructure, in agreement with national policies and laws to mitigate impacts of environmental degradation;
- Assist the authorities and the SMS coordination mechanisms in relation to issues around contingency planning, emergency preparedness and the development of transition to site closure and phase-out strategy;
- Support overall engagement of site population in educational, recreational and peaceful coexistence activities.
- Monitor and ensure that activities, such as food and NFI provision is in place according to the schedule and the guidelines of the Site.
- Ensure that NGOs present at the Site cooperate with effectiveness in order to cover the beneficiaries needs.
- Facilitate coordination meetings per sector, according to the priorities decided in collaboration with the SM
- Monitor beneficiaries and NGOs responsible for HP are ensuring a clean and dignified conditions and uphold minimum standards.
- Support the identification of persons with special needs – vulnerable cases, and refer to stakeholders and share the information with the site managers.
- Provide any necessary material or equipment for the site management support.
- Population mapping: Conduct regular registration and screening of residents (age, gender, vulnerabilities, nationalities), tracking of population movements.
- Services mapping: Identify partners, share each actor’s work plan and clarify roles and responsibilities, ensure effective cooperation with other actors.
- Care and maintenance of the site: Monitor overall progress, services and technical issues to ensure that the site is fully operational and that accommodation/hygiene standards are met (i.e. distributions, WASH facilities, shelters), coordinate repairs, and explore potential for expansion and future use.
- Safety and security: Monitor safety in the site and refer any incident to the competent authorities.
- Protection: Facilitate protection activities (e.g. assistance to identifying specific space for implementation of protection activities) and case management support with identification of vulnerable cases and with organization of referrals to actors on site or specialized services off site
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably a Master degree, with two years of relevant working experience; or high school diploma with three years of relevant working experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous related experience;
- Familiar with direct assistance to migrants and/or refugees;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficient use of commonly used IT equipment and the appropriate software solutions.
- Proficiency in Greek and English and/or other prevalent language spoken amongst the communities residing in IOM accommodation centres
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Creativity and Initiative – pro actively develops new ways to solve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – convinces others to share resources
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance management – provide constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Technological Awareness - pro actively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
- The position is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English,
[To send your CV please click here.]
quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/106 by 17th November, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 11.11.2019-17.11.2019.