Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
Department: Communication & Fundraising
Job reports to: Acquisition Manager
Medecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation (MSF Charter). Humanitarian action considers assistance and bearing witness as part of the MSF mandate. The MSF movement is built around operations centres (OC) supported by 21 sections and 24 associations offices worldwide.
Responsibilities of the position:
- To contribute to the development and implementation of loyalty activities.
- To contribute to the acquisition of new donors via fundraising events and digital fundraising initiatives.
- To assist Strategic Partnerships’ pillar acquisition and retention activities.
- Propose the topic & write the content of hot mailing campaigns, gathers material, select photographs, liaise with graphic designer and oversee production.
- Monitor results and propose alternative actions.
- Undertake planning and coordination of events, propose material, develop and implement promotional plans.
- Propose event ideas in alignment with MSF-Greece fundraising priorities.
- Coordinate the intradepartmental communication and communicate with external providers and consultants.
- Coordinate and oversee third-party fundraising events including contracts, their promotion via our or their channels and monitoring of their income.
- Support the creation and production of special occasions cards and promotional materials (banners, press inserts, social media etc.) by external creative agency.
- Identify promotional channels for specific audiences (wedding & baptism related) and be responsible for promo placement.
Tribute/In Memory Fundraising
- Receive requests and coordinate MSF fundraising presence at memorial services when requested.
- Identify potential promotional opportunities for donation channel.
Digital Acquisition projects
- Research, identify and propose crowdfunding campaign opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant area of studies.
- Experience in event planning and coordination.
- Excellent command of Greek and English, both oral and written.
- Good knowledge of Windows environment (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience at an NGO in Fundraising or Communications would be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of digital fundraising tools would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively within diverse teams.
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking, project management and team or volunteer management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and propose new tools.
- Skilled in problem-solving, planning and organization.
- Be results-oriented and focus on meeting objectives
- Motivation and interest in the field of humanitarian aid.
- Having cultural awareness, being aware of different cultural values, beliefs, and perceptions.
- Position based in Athens, MSF HQ.
- Full time position.
- Compensation according to MSF Salary Grid plus secondary benefits.
Please submit your CV and a Motivation letter in English under
the reference “Fundraising Assistant” to:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing date: September 25th, 2019
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.