The Olive Grove is an award winning Mediterranean restaurant in the heart of Cambridge. In only four years the restaurant has surpassed all expectations and has become one of the cities hotspots to dine! We are now looking for a talented energetic Grill Chef to join our team...
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply to ensure the HACCP procedure according to the company’s Food Safety Management document is maintained and the correct use of cleaning rotas and closing down procedures are adhered to. This will ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved at all times.
- To have total accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen service in the absence of the head chef and to ensure stock takes are produced in conjunction with the head chef.
- To participate in the design of seasonal menus and purchase all food and food related products using company nominated suppliers to achieve food budgeted cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage within the venue and to ensure all menu’s are costed accurately.
- To maintain all equipment within the catering operation through due care and diligence.
- A flair and enthusiasm for cooking with fresh quality ingredients
- Ability to cope under pressure, in a calm and efficient manner to set deadlines
- Previous experience demonstrating good management and effective co-ordination of a kitchen team
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff and management
- A positive approach to seasonal menu planning and development of the catering service
- Stock taking experience
- HACCP experience
[Το send your CV please click here]