A. Position identification:
Job Title: Materials Manager
Job Grade: 4
Report directly: Financial Controller
Scope and General Purpose of Job: To organize, develop, operate and administer the purchasing department. To follow and effectively carry through the procedures of purchasing as laid by the management with clear cut objectives to procure merchandise at the right rise the right time and time and the right type of merchandise.
B. Key result areas:
- Responsible to translate assistance and procedures as laid down by the management in direct relation to procurement of certain merchandise.
- Responsible to ensure close liaison with departments like Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Engineering, and the Controller of Household
- Ensure that proper requisitions are received well in advance in order to meet delivery dates.
- Ensures complete adherence and conformity to standards and specifications as laid out by the management from time to time.
- Takes constant sample survey of products available in the market in order.
- Organizes proper purchase orders with correct price giving details of items, cost packaging and forwarding changes, and establishes liaison with the receiving clerk that the goods received are in accordance with original orders places.
- Maintains proper supplier detail in the department.
- Co-ordinates with Storekeeper for lead time and delivery time.
- Organize clearance of hotel merchandise.
- Ensures the functions are strictly maintained within the rules and regulations as directly specified in terms of different merchandise such as general purchase, expandable hotel-ware, general contracts, fresh supplies by the management.
- To coordinate all FE&E and H.E.O.S. purchases as well as deliveries prior and after opening.
- Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the hotel by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues
- Performs additional duties as directed by supervisors
- Makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to supervisors for the general improvement of the hotel
- Is fully conversant with al health and safety, fire and emergency procedures
- Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, and body language
- Is polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the hotel is represented
- Attends meetings and training as required by supervisors
- Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters local law
- Interacts with guests actively soliciting feedback
D. Performance evaluation cretiria:
- Achievement of the goals and objectives of the Administration
- Staff training and development
- 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Education/Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or above
Essential Job Skills:
- Good English Language skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of individuals
- Detailed knowledge of working practices of Accounts
- Strong administrative skills
- Reasonable knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to cope with pressure
Desirable Job Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of computer systems
- Proven track record in hotel of similar standard in similar capacity, within Asia/Pacific
- In possession of all faculties
- Strong stamina
Level of Independence:
Makes decisions within policy. Is required to perform independently and proactively without strong guidance
Level of Thinking / Type of Thinking:
Difficult - may face difficult situations that require modifications of methods or techniques
Communication and Interpersonal skills:
Good interpersonal skills required. Interacts mainly with colleagues and occasionally with guests
Deals or negotiates in English. Advantageous to be able to deal in additional languages.
Confirmation of employment requirements:
- Proficiency in the role at required level
- Conversant with relevant emergency procedures
- Knowledge of relevant rules & regulations
- Knowledge of the company, hotel, and its environment
- Knowledge of relevant safety & security procedures
- Knowledge of relevant guest satisfaction standards
- English language requirements met or exceeded
[To send your CV please click here]