Position: Mental Health Activity Manager
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Starting Date: Mid-September
Duration: 6 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
In close collaboration with other medical team members, identifying the needs of MH support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning, organization and update of the appropriate MSF strategy and the Mental Health (MH) activities and its budget. Monitoring and evaluating MH support activities.
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all mental health related activities in the project area including management of staff, ensuring the quality of care and analyzing statistics and reports, according to MSF protocols in order to provide the most appropriate support for patients.
- In collaboration with the technical referent: Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and coordinating and ensuring the implementation of all Mental Health standard protocols and procedures set by MSF relevant to VOT in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for patients. Active collaboration with other departments is required to ensure the multidisciplinary model approach (MDT)
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Coordinating and ensuring that Mental Health activities (in and outside health facilities) with the clients are performed with regular follow-up in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for clients with psycho-social problems.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the living context of the patients with regular visit to the camp sites.
- Ensuring Mental Health team is calm and neutral during sessions regardless of personal feelings and/or beliefs and ensuring proper training to the cultural mediators about terminology and effective communication skills and appropriate behaviour during the sessions.
- Mapping and regularly updating the existing Mental Health services, including other INGO’s, local NGO’s, community groups and governmental health services, etc. and maintaining good and regular communication and collaboration with other components of the project according to objectives and context.
- In collaboration with the Medical Activity manager: Ensuring that psychiatric patients coming to MSF facilities receive adequate treatment and follow-up and psychosocial support either within the MSF clinic or by referral to an external partner.
- Participating when required to the project advocacy strategy which is under the responsibility of the Field coordinator.
- Provide regular activity report-analysis, ensure that patient consultation forms, data encoding forms are filled in an accurate manner and active cohort patient sheet updated regularly.
- Providing regular trainings and technical supervisions (seat-in session, case discussion) according to the needs of the team.
- Participating when required to MHPSS stakeholder meeting.
- Planning and organising the regular technical supervision session conducted by an external psychologist.
- Support the Project Medical Referent to organise regular session about stress prevention and self-care for the entire team.
- Supporting the analysis, study, research and publications of articles concerning the MH approach in the field of VOTs rehabilitation in first-arrival European countries, such as the Greek context.
- Education: Essential master’s degree in Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy or Medical Doctor degree with specialization in Psychiatry
- Desirable to have Licence to Practice in Greece.
- Experience: Essential working experience of at least 4 years as psychologist or psychiatrist. Essential working experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Highly desirable: experience in working with VoT’s or at minimum experience in working with trauma-focused therapies & experience working with migrants/refugees.
- Desirable working experience in developing countries; Flexibility to understand individual patients’ needs and support the team in a patient centered and holistic approach.
- Competencies: People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation
- Languages: Essential English. Desirable Greek and French
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Online applications to submitted by 16th August 2021 latest via
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
When clicking on this link, you will be directed to our online application tool.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 28.09.2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, ability statusand all other diversity characteristics.