Job title: Project Officer & Admin (Full time position)
Duty station: Thessaloniki - Greece
Starting date: Immediately
Duration: 6 months
Applications until: 24 June 2018
Type of contract: National
The ACCREF program aims at offering refugees, asylum seekers and migrants an integrated approach of health and protection services, through accompaniment, interpretation and cultural mediation between them and the Greek public servants responsible for their health, legal advice and protection care.
The Spanish Red Cross has piloted and developed its ACCREF (accompanied referrals) program in Athens, through which a team of professional interpreters accompany refugees and migrants to public or other support services, facilitate the communication and mediate between the users and the Greek public servants or health staff. One year after its start in May 2016, ACCREF team in Athens currently manages an average of 900 accompaniments per month.
To assist and administrate the Red Cross Accompanied referrals (ACCREF) project in Thessaloniki, in close collaboration with the Project coordinator (Athens), Office trainer (Athens), Office administrators (Athens) and RC Centre director (Thessaloniki).
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Red Cross Movement´s and operation goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Main Accreff Management Tasks:
- Efficiently manage the service requests from direct applicants or organizations
- Manage the interpreters’ team, including scheduling their appointments, monitoring their performance and reporting, providing mentoring and support.
- Monitor the interpreters’ team to ensure they are on time to their appointments
- Support the interpreters when facing difficulties developing their service at the public services
- Monitor the interpreters’ team expenses and financial reporting
- Monitor the interpreters’ team implementation of the Satisfaction survey to at least 20% of the service users
- On-call communication with the actors referring requests to ACCREF
- Support the Project Coordinator to make the project visible and well-known by the target population and organizations
- Support the Communications Delegate in developing the project’s communications materials
- Monitor and timely submit the project technical and financial reports
- Support the Coordination team for drafting project proposals, reports, as required
- Act as the main ACCREF focal point in Thessaloniki, in close coordination with the HRC Branch. Represent SpRC and the project in coordination and meetings as requested.
Main Admin / HR Tasks:
- Follow-up the HR needs and the personal records of staff, to make sure all files are updated (SpRC standard), in coordination with HR officer in Athens. Keep track of staff leaves, attendance sheets and overtime work hours.
- In coordination with the ACCREF office in Athens, organize the briefing and training for all new staff and assist line managers in other job-specific inductions, making sure all new arrivals have received all the related documents and equipment.
- Assist in any translations Greek-English-Greek that maybe needed.
- Propose to ACCREF coordinator workshops and meetings as needed (breaks, venue, accommodation, travel, etc.)
- Manage main admin-logistic aspects of the office including equipment inventory, purchase of materials and supplies, payment of running cost, maintenance and reparations as needed.
- Participate in the procurement and purchase of goods and services, and render such advice as may be necessary for the proper provision of logistics support
- Organize the inductions for all new staff, related to the Red Cross movement, Code of Conduct, SpRC Policies and assist line managers in other job-specific inductions.
Education: Degree in business or project management, economics, or any management-related sectors
Work experience: at least 2 years’ experience in project management, including HR management
- Writing and fluent spoken skills in English and Greek.
- Able to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Stress management capacity and professional behaviour to handle stress.
- Good office organisational and secretarial skills.
- Knowledge of Greek health system and public social services.
- Excellent computer and smartphone skills.
The position-required responsibilities are related to:
- Respect and well management of the schedule marks.
- Respect and well acceptance of the daily work instructions.
- Responsible use of devices provided.
- Participate in Staff trainings and meetings.
- Might be expected to be on call, work at weekends or on ad hoc basis.
Other required qualities:
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions.
- Self-motivated, proactive with good judgement and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Sensitive to diversity
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team
- Good inter-personal skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
Lateral working relationships:
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with all Red Cross Movement staff
- Respectful and professional relationship with other actors actively working and collaborating with ACCREF
No relocation package is offered.
Applications accepted until 24th June 2018.
Spanish Red Cross reserves the right to recruit a candidate
who matches the required profile before the above date
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the job title.
[To send your CV please click here]