Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 6 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
To collaborate with a MSF multidisciplinary team on the integration of psychiatric treatment for patients suffering from mental conditions as consequence of severe trauma.
- Provide treatment for patients suffering from psychiatric disorders as consequence of severe trauma, with specific attention to the cultural context and in harmonized cooperation with a multidisciplinary team (psychologist, cultural mediator, medical doctor, nurse, case worker)
- Participate as a member of the mental health team in case discussion
- Ensure that guidelines and psychotropic medications from MSF standard drug list are available and followed in the project
- Ensure that the standard operating procedures are followed for psychiatric treatment
- Ensure that proper information on treatment and follow up are collected in order to monitor the provision of care.
- Link with in-country available psychiatric services including possibilities for psychiatric hospitalization together with line manager
- Establish collaboration/communication with medical specialties in the project in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Education: Essential Degree in Psychiatry and license to practice in Greece.
- Experience: Essential 2 years of working experience as a psychiatrist, experience in training and supervision. Desirable previous experience in other NGOs
- Languages: Essential Greek and English.
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time/Part Time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address,
quoting reference code "Psychiatrist Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing Date: 15/07/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.