Call for CVs GR 19/01 Shelter Experts
Position Title: Shelter Experts
Duty Station: Various Locations across Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Care and Maintenance Area Coordinator, the incumbent is expected to:
- Ensure the proper implementation of all Shelter/CCCM/WASH programs and work with onsite government authorities, local government institutions, non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and local communities in order to ensure the smooth execution of project tasks and activities. Further on, ensure:
- Collaborate closely with Construction and Maintenance Department and with Procurement Department and referring to Project Manager.
- Coordinate and align with technical staff onsite locations in LTAC.
- Work closely with Shelter/CCCM/WASH teams for the implementation of Shelter/CCCM/WASH activities and secure technical instructions on works, implementation and compliance are in place.
- Identify gaps with regards to shelter and WASH activities and propose solutions in cooperation with the technical team.
- Monitor contractors during the implementation of maintenance works according to the specifications requested.
- Monitor/track/report all technical interventions to ensure they are implemented according to declared legislative standards and within budget; take appropriate remedial action if/when these standards are not being met.
- Provide where applicable in communication with designated technical staff estimation costs as for construction/maintenance interventions, assets, and/or NFI’s purchase/distribution.
- Support Project officers and Senior Officers in implementing Shelter/CCCM/WASH projects’ strategy, meeting the objectives and ensure quality implementation of the field activities in compliance with IOM Project Manager and donor regulations; continuously support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes.
- Lead technical intervention proposal preparations and provide team reporting inputs on inventories and maintenance to IOM Project Manager.
- Secure assigned project budgets, including securing approvals, in liaison with supervision technical staff contribute to the monthly review of expenditures, ensuring that funds are used for approved purposes and in accordance with IOM procedural requirements.
- Participate in site coordination meetings and share information with external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports, as needed and attend IOM internal meetings.
- Ensure staff compliance with IOM’s Code of Conduct and humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Proactively ensure identification of new areas of intervention and identification of upcoming needs.
- Support the set-up of information management systems at the sites, including the collection and provision of data and the transparent sharing of the information with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in technical field/logistics advantage with one year of related experience; or High school graduate with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Progressive experience in a similar function;
- Experience working in international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare clear and concise correspondence (in English);
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines;
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment, including extensive use of Microsoft Excel Word and comfort with learning new software;
- Proficiency in English, and Greek.
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Creativity and Initiative – pro actively develops new ways to solve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – convinces others to share resources
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance management – provide constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Technological Awareness - pro actively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
- The position is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit
their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to
[To send your CV please click here]
email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/01
by 14th January, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 08.01.2019-14.01.2019