Position Title: Sommelier
Restaurant: Selene – Fine Dining restaurant
Location: Santorini island
Employment Type: Seasonal Employment
Selene, with its 36 years of history, has been acknowledged as a gastronomic and cultural landmark of Santorini for defining and constantly reinventing Contemporary Greek & Cycladic Cuisine.
Led by Michelin-star rated Ettore Botrini, the most important Greek Chef of our time, Selene is entering its brightest phase yet. Influenced by the imposing aesthetics of the old Monastery in which the restaurant is currently based, the colours of the island, the abundance of the Aegean Sea and the perseverance of the rare local ingredients that flourish fearlessly among volcanic rocks, our Executive Chef introduces his culinary philosophy while honouring the legacy of Selene. Wine has always been an essential part of Selene's journey contributing to a spherical gastronomical experience. The wine list features some of the most sought-after wines of the world with a particular affection to the wines of Santorini. It is curated by Master of Wine, Yiannis Karakasis.
- Minimum 2-year experience in a similar position at a luxury Hotel brand or at a fine dining establishment,
- Oriented to customer service and satisfaction,
- Minimum WSPC level 2 (or equivalent),
- Ability to create perfect food and wine pairings that elevate the dining experience,
- Ability to perform at the highest of standards in a busy environment,
- Ability to learn and utilize an extensive wine list perfectly,
- Competence in presenting wines gracefully to guests, talking about regions and the wine-making processes,
- Attention to detail with regards to wine service, including the ideal temperature and choice of glassware for each wine,
- Ability to keep all beverage lists updated and presentable,
- Deep knowledge of the wines of Santorini,
- Ability to keep track of wine stock and submit orders,
- Excellent knowledge of cellar maintenance and wines preservation,
- Working knowledge of POS systems (ideally Micros),
- High levels of energy & diligence,
- Outstanding upselling skills,
- Constant will to improve operations and set higher goals,
- Integrity, reliability & a spirit of cooperation,
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
Selene Restaurant offers:
- Competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience,
- Accommodation at fully equipped apartments,
- Daily meals,
- Pleasant working environment,
- Supportive management,
- Training and career development,
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
Should you wish to be a member of our team, please send us your CV along with a photo of yourself
[To send your CV please click here.]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.