Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization, based in the United States, providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
The Transportation Officer for the Registration Program is responsible for coordinating the movement of POCs for asylum appointments and managing the vehicle fleet for the program. The Transportation Officer reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Prepare weekly transportation plan for the movement of POCs for asylum appointments
- Track vehicles and movement of POCs
- Arrange and finalize transportation to and from the asylum office for identified unaccompanied and separated minors as well as persons with special needs
- Perform market research and obtain quotes for items and services as requested
- Follow SP Procurement Policy in conjunction with the Logistics Coordinator
- Maintain good relations with local suppliers, service providers, etc.
- Manage fleet of SP vehicles and ensure departmental bookings and best use
- Regular reporting and tracking of activities as described by the Logistics Coordinator
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Education / Experience Needed:
- 1-2 years of similar work experience preferred.
- Fluency in Greek and English (incl. ability to write)
- Ability to manually transport NFIs at distribution sites, weighing approximately 20 kg.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Willingness to work occasional night shifts and weekends
- Awareness of the potentially high-stress environment in which SP is working
- Willing to interact respectfully with local authorities, residents, volunteers, and beneficiaries
- Maintain a professional, positive, kind and humble attitude when interacting with all constituents
- Agree to work within the scope of the job description and fulfill their tasks and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner
Fluency and literacy in Greek and English is required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Competitive salary.
- Dynamic working environment.
Interested candidates should:
- Submit their CV in English and Greek.
- Download the linked form https://db.tt/hBu5lHrpu
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you in advance,
Samaritan's Purse Greece
[Το send your CV please click here]