As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives
in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Darkhan/Mongolia, we are looking for an
Development Worker (m/f/d) as Vocational Training Advisor for Mechatronics
The development worker (m/f/d) advises the vocational school (Polytechnic) in Darkhan on the further development of vocational training in mechatronics and on strengthening the cooperation with theindustry. The position is embedded in the project 'Cooperative Technical and Vocational Education and Training (cTVET)', which is implemented by GIZ together with the Mongolian Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. The aim of the measure is to support technical and methodologicalcompetence development of vocational school teachersand toadjust the training at the Darkhan Polytechnic to the needs of the companies. TVET students are to be given betteremployment opportunities through qualitatively improved training that is more demand- and practice-oriented. In addition, the Darkhan Polytechnic will be developed into a centre of excellence, which will be also responsiblefor thefurther trainingof teaching staff.
- Consulting and training of the mechatronic teachers with the aim of improving the practical and theoretical training and in the application of participative methods
- Consulting of the mechatronic teachers and of the training management on the organisation of training and workshops
- Support in the development and implementation of a training programme for teachers from other vocational schools and for specialists from the industry
- Guidance in the design and implementation of in-company training phases (internships)
- Conducting practice-oriented workshops, on-the-job trainings and advanced training seminars
- Cooperation in the further development and updating of training standards and curricula
- Consulting the management of the vocational school on the cooperation with local and international companies and support in development partnerships with the business community
- Successful completion of a technical qualification (e.g. skilled worker, master craftsman, technician, engineer) or a similar qualification
- Profound professional experience and proven experience in mechatronics
- Experience in workplace oriented training / dual approaches
- Experience in setting up and organising as well as maintaining the workshop and tools
- Consulting skills
- Intercultural competence, communication and teamwork skills, perseverance and a positive basic attitude
- Didactic, methodological and pedagogical competenes
- Fluent English language skills (or German language); a translator Mongolian - English or German will be provided
- In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of amember state of the European Union
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 02/02/2020.
[To send your CV please click here.]
You can find this job under the Job-ID: P1525V103.