Director of Sales & Marketing
5* Hotel in Athens
Position/Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Reporting to: General Manager
Background & Previous experience: Minimum of 5+ years in: Hotel sales in 4- & 5-stars city hotels.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for the daily sales efforts and is responsible for the overall positioning of the hotel, brand communication and the development of customers for the property including, Rooms, Dining Outlets, and Events. In addition, he/she is responsible for rental revenue, yield strategies, implementation, market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Strategies will include pricing, status, direct sales, market mix, marketing, and public relations. Candidates must have a dynamic leadership style, possessing excellent communication and decision-making skills and an astute business acumen.
- Prepares Sales Reports and annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Creates an effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the Hotel, its activities, culinary services, and personnel.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Assist General Manager in preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in hospitality or other major
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession
- Minimum five years of sales and marketing in the upscale hotel industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PMS, preferably Opera.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
All applications will be treated as strictly confidentially.
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your resume, motivation letter and recent picture to the following address:
[To send your CV please click here]