Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Athens, Greece
Type of contract: Full time
Duration: 3 months
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
In response to the influx of refugees in Greece, The IRC Hellas started operations in Greece in June 2015 and currently runs operations out of four offices in Athens, Mytilini, Samos and Chios. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas: Social Services for Women and Children, Mental Health, and Support to refugees to find employment / become self-employed.
Summary statement of responsibilities:
The Finance Officer will assist the Sr Finance Manager manage the accounting and finance function. He/she will be assisting to manage the accounting database (SUN Systems) for Greece program.
Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
- SUN System / General Ledger Processing
- Payments review and process in Bank online website and Athens cashbook.
- Data entry in the accounting software for Bank and Cash payments.
- Assist in the country financial monthly closing process.
- Generate accounting and financial report from SUN System needed for the monthly closing.
The Monthly Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation
- Assist in the preparation of the country office monthly Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation to be reviewed by the Sr Finance Manager and Head of Office.
- Assist in the follow-up of the staff, vendor advances and other balance sheet items before month end.
- Assist in preparation and remittance of withholding taxes for both national staff and vendors.
- Prepare other government required documents.
Financial Management and Monitoring of Sub-grants:
- Liaise with Program and Grant to ensure timely submission of reports, payment of sub award advances and periodic payments.
- Prepare reconciliation of sub-grant advances, reimbursement and updated sub-grant schedule.
Financial Management and Donor Reporting:
- Liaise with other Operation Departments and Program to ensure timely submission of support documentation for Donor Interim and/or Final Financial Report’s.
- Assist with support documents for Donor Reports scanning and filling.
- Financial Reports Data Entry in Donor platforms where applicable.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or Economics,
- Minimum of three years in accounting/finance preferably in NGO.
- Must be able to function comfortably in a complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with staff.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills (especially excel).
[To send your CV please click here]