We have a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate and reliable
to join us at PAUL Greece as a
Head Pastry Chef
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the creation and proposal of recipes for new pastries and cakes for all the Paul stores in Athens. He should be able to actually produce the new products and at the same time train the assistant pastry chefs of each store in order to be able to execute the new recipes.
You need to be a hands-on individual who is passionate about producing pastry products to the highest quality whilst maintaining costs.
Main Objectives of this role:
- Ensure quality and manufacturing processes for our full product range in conformity with our “Product Bible” whilst complying with our Quality Freshness Service Cleanliness (Q.F.S.C) values.
- Ensure recipe conformity in compliance with our “Product Bible”.
- Oversee the planning and order requirements of raw materials and equipment needed to meet all orders, setting quality standards and estimating timescales and production costs.
- Full control and making sure that production schedules are followed, monitoring progress and adjusting schedules if problems occur.
- Manage and supervise the running of the patisserie and bakery production, ensuring staff is organized and teams meet production targets.
- Ensure the correct and safe use of the operation of all equipment on site.
- Ensure a safe workplace without risk to health.
- Contribute to maintaining and developing optimal motivation within the team through open communication.
- Ensure optimal staffing across the sector both in terms of quality and quantity, namely by managing and participating in the staff recruitment process.
- Valorize company image, concept and products through quality communication as well as a consistent and motivating attitude toward internal and external contacts.
- Contribute to maintaining and increasing sales in the unit through high quality of the products made in conformity with our “Product Bible”.
- Guarantee food safety within the production sector in relation with Q.F.S.C. standards within the framework of company’s directives and delegations.
Skills and Technical requirements:
- Experience of working in small manufacturing within the bakery/patisserie industry essential.
- Ideally an understanding of manufacturing processes and some site responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to listen to and understand the needs and expectations of your staff, knowing how to provide suitable advice in all situations.
- Ability to foresee problems and set priorities. Be able to make time to address your teams’ unforeseeable problems.
- Through actions, encourage team spirit, integration, training and development of the staff.
- Ensure respect of individuals and company interests. Be able to act in a respectful, ethical and exemplary manner in all circumstances.
- Be able to set priorities, to keep the situation under control in all circumstances and to turn stress into action.
- Analyze and understand your environment and your evolution as well as your staff’s objectives within the company in order to integrate them into their actions. Be open to changes and ideas coming from others to improve their own results and company results.
- Good project management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good numeracy and computer skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality standards.
- An understanding of health and safety responsibilities and legislation.
- Ability to speak French is an advantage.
[To send your CV please click here.]
http://www.paul-international.com Become a fan of PAULGreece