Position: Health Promoter - Arabic Female
Project: MSF Europe Migration
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 month contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Develop and implement Health Promotion / IEC activities to the Refugee Population and MSF Patients to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- According to medical priorities, delivering information to the Refugee Population and Patients on specific health topics
- Implementing activities of health education and awareness (sessions in the camp, individual, children, schools) under the indications and supervision of the Protect Medical Referent.
- Accessing the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to Protect Medical Referent.
- Collecting and reporting all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the camp population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations.
- Reporting to Protect Medical Referent: activities, problems, strengths and constraints.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with partners for health promotions related topics.
- Keeping education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Delivering the health promotion key message to the refugee and migrant population (SGBV, TMS, MH and any other agreed topic –eg. emergency), in camp and other NGO premises
- Conducting SGBV educational program with targeted groups
- Delivering the health promotion key message to the refugee population about Fire prevention, water use and waste management.
- In collaboration with logistic: ensuring the installation and utilisation of fire extinctor, collaboration with fireman if needed, sensitizing the people about the proper use of fire distinguisher
- Collaborating with other actors for delivery MSF key message
- Collecting all the data and, in collaboration with the other HP, prepare the Sitrep every months
- Updating mapping and list of other actors.
- Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching.
- Ability to develop, organise and work independent after collaboration with team / supervisor.
- Fluency in Arabic is mandatory (spoken & written).
- Good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of French an advantage.
- 2-year experience minimum in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English quoting reference
code “Health Promoter Officer /Arabic Samos" in the subject line
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 28/02/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.