Position: Health Promoter Officer / Arabic
Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (possibility of indefinite extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Develop and implement Health Promotion / IEC activities to the Refugee Population and MSF Patients to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the Refugee Population and Patients on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in the camp, individual, children, schools) under the indications and supervision of the Protect Medical Referent.
- Access the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to Protect Medical Referent.
- Collect and report all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the camp population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations.
- Report to Protect Medical Referent: activities, problems, strengths and constraints.
- Establish and maintain contacts with partners for health promotions related topics.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Delivery the health promotion key message to the refugee and migrant population (SGBV, TMS, MH and any other agreed topic –eg. emergency), in camp and other NGO premises
- Conduct SGBV educational program with targeted groups
- Delivery the health promotion key message to the refugee population about Fire prevention, water use and waste management.
- In collaboration with logistic: ensure the installation and utilisation of fire extinctor, collaboration with fireman if needed, sensitizing the people about the proper use of fire distinguisher
- Collaborate with other actors for delivery MSF key message
- Collect all the data and, in collaboration with the other HP, prepare the Sitrep every months
- Update mapping and list of other actors
- Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching.
- Ability to develop, organise and work independent after collaboration with team / supervisor.
- Fluency in Arabic is mandatory (spoken & written).
- Good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of French an advantage.
- 2-year experience minimum in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English quoting reference code
“Health Promoter Officer /Arabic Samos" in the subject line of the e-mail at:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Closing Date: 12/01/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.