We are looking for a talented
to join the Rooms Division team of Grace Santorini.
The position reports to the Reservations Manager.
- Provide hotel reservations service by mail, telephone, fax, booking engine, sales office, other hotel department, travel agents and tour operators.
- Is knowledgeable of the type, location and layout of rooms, the hotel facilities and services, the hotel Bespoke Experiences and Offers so to be able to address, assist and actively sell services to guests.
- Know the selling status, rates, benefits of all packages plans, while always executing the established selling tactics.
- Create and maintain up to date records by date of arrival, alphabetical listing, by applying the appropriate credit policy and attributing the correct reservation code.
- Process cancellations and modifications promptly relaying information to the Front Desk in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Understand and apply the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Process advance deposits on reservations.
- Help develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Assist in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Open and close rooms availability as and when required in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
- Configure rates on the hotels property management system.
- Ensure the reservations being entered into the PMS system are in correct format including any room lists, meal and spa requests and/or Bespoke arrangements.
- Ensure communications among other departments, notably Front Office, Credit, Sales and Housekeeping,
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive experience in a similar position in a luxury boutique hotel.
- Hospitality or Tourism degree.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills; reading, writing and oral proficiency in English with excellent phone etiquette are essential requirements.
- Successful candidate is computer literate and possesses previous customer service experience with the ability to work effectively under pressure. Reservations experience preferred. Knowledge of Opera PMS is an advantage.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
- Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented and energetic work ethic.
[To send your CV please click here]