Job Title: Waiter A
Reports to: Restaurant Supervisor
Summary of function:
Serve food and beverages to guests at tables in Restaurants and Bars, within the service standards settled by the Food & Beverage Management.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Have full knowledge of items served on the menus and buffets and answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability as well as for additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Follow cycle time guidelines for all meals.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of assigned tables including ensuring courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- To set up, service and clear meeting rooms as required by the weekly function sheet, to the required hotel standard and in line with the supervisor’s instructions.
- To serve all tea and coffee, buffets, light refreshments, and other food and beverage as per the weekly function sheet, and to the required hotel standard - ensuring the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness.
- To ensure regular liaison with the F&B Supervisor, other departments and management, relating to any changes or difficulties within the daily operations of the department.
- To assist in the set up of banquets and functions as requested by the Food and Beverage Service Manager.
- To make yourself known to all conference organizers and demonstrate the service call button facility.
- To ensure that all Conference & Banqueting areas are kept clean, tidy and efficiently organized and stocked, including storage areas.
- To ensure all meeting rooms are presented for use fully stocked and clean.
- Communicate with guests and other employees and ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 12 kg without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 23 kg.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- To attend any meeting or training sessions as required by management.
- To be conversant with:
- The Hotel Fire Procedures
- The Hotel Security Procedures
- The Hotel facilities and attractions
- The Hotel Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- Hotel operation standards and departmental procedures
- Methods of payment accepted by the Company (cash handling staff only)
- Current Licensing regulations (Food and Beverage Service department only)
- To adhere to the company’s policies and procedures for quality, environment and food safety.
- High school graduate or equivalent / Hotel & Catering Diploma is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in the same position or any similar serving experience in Hospitality Industry
- Excellent Knowledge of English Language
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Hotel software / PMS or Sales
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handler certification
- Pleasant Personality
The hotel provides:
- 3 meals per day
- Salary depends qualifications and previous expirience
- 8 hour work
- 1 day off per week
- As per Cypriot Law
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]