Position: Case Work Supervisor
Project: MSF Balkan Mission / Lesvos Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Implement and supervise all social-related activities in order to ease the patient’s situation, either through direct support or referrals to specialized actors
- In close collaboration with the PMR and FC, followed the case management strategy put in place for both clinics and revised in case of need as change in context, activities
- Assure that all the standard procedures put in place in the department are followed and well understood by the team
- Closely follow-up on legal developments relevant for the asylum seeking population. Organizing regular information sessions for the MSF team on key legal and social issues affecting the patients. Engage with medical supervisors to ensure a good understanding of CW objectives and achievements.
- Identifying key actors (legal and accommodation actors, NGOs and local authorities) and being the focal point for networking in order to ensure a strong referral network and pathways to cover patient’s social needs. Attending relevant coordination and working group meetings, and reporting back to the PMR/FC.
- Ensure - as the focal point between legal partner coordination team and the Lesvos project- that legal support of MSF patients runs smoothly and follow up on course of referrals by case management team.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the CW team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel
- Organizing regular meeting with the team in order to shared information’s
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the social/legal situation of the population
- Support along with the management team the implementation of advocacy strategy of the project
- Education: Essential diploma in law, social work, psychology or social sciences
- Experience: Minimum 3 year working experience in working with asylum seeking/refugee population. Desirable previous experience in case management in the context of the Greek islands and one year experience with MSF
- Languages: Essential English and Greek, desirable (one or more of the following) French/Farsi/Arabic
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel
Teamwork, service orientation, behavioural flexibility, stress management, results and quality orientation, intercultural sensitivity is essential.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
This is a local opening but all candidates interested in the position and willing to work on Lesvos are welcomed to apply. In that case it should be noted that MSF will not offer any relocation benefits.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference
code "Case Work Supervisor" in the subject line of the e-mail:
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 20/11/2019
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.