Position: Medical Activity Manager
Project: Rehabilitation of migrant survivors of torture
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: Initial 2 months (with high possibility of indefinite extension after the initial period)
Working hours: Full-Time (5 days a week)
Background of the Project:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has been providing medical and humanitarian assistance to migrants and refugees worldwide.
Since October 2014 MSF provides support to migrants and refugees who have suffered torture and other forms of ill-treatment. Our aim is to offer integrated rehabilitation services, including medical care, physiotherapy, and psychosocial support. In particular, for survivors of torture and ill-treatment, MSF works in close collaboration with the Prometheus II project, implemented by the Greek Council for Refugees and BABEL Day Centre.
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical department (medical doctors, physiotherapists and referrals nurse), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions. Proactively improving the quality and accuracy of collected data.
- Participating in the development of protocols and guidelines relevant to the medical activities in the project.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the project.
- Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring a smooth cooperation with external actors, including the external pharmacy. Contributing to expanding the projects’ network for medical referrals and pro bono partners. Ensuring follow-up of incoming and outgoing referrals in cooperation with PMR assistant and Referral nurse respectively.
- Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, nonmedical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...).
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines(i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
- Medical doctor’s Degree
- Two (2) years working experience related to the diploma/degree essential
- Previous experience working with migrants/refugees desirable
- Experience in team management - Ability to lead, motivate, and organize the medical team
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference
code "Medical Activity Manager" in the subject line of the e-mail at
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing date: 30.04.2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.