Systems Engineer - Planning & Engineering
FTSB Athens, Attica, Greece SEPE 001
In WIND, we believe in a world of connection, interaction and sharing!
Our passion is that people enrich their lives with all that communications technology makes possible.
We want our Customers to focus only on expressing themselves, while we take care of the technology that enables them.
So, if you want to take part in changing how people experience their lives, WIND is the right place to be.
Start today, as a Systems Engineer – Planning & Engineering and work with the systems’ designing, developing and integration in WIND network, following every stage of their life cycle.
- Analyse business needs, design and implement technology projects for the systems under team’s responsibility (DNS, AAA, DHCP, HTPP proxy, etc.) and prepare relevant documentation
- Undertake the technical leading role in the analysis, design and successful integration of products related with systems under responsibility
- Follow the software and hardware roadmap of systems under responsibility and proceed in necessary planning according to the business needs/strategy
- Organize s/w upgrades for the systems in the area of responsibility and the testing/verification of their proper functionality
- Run capacity planning of systems under responsibility in accordance with business needs/strategy
- Design and Implement best practices for systems’ security under regulatory’ standards [GDPR, ADAE etc] in cooperation with Network Security Team
- Act as 3rd Level support for Customer complaints related with platforms under the area of responsibility and their services
- Liaise with systems’ vendors and third-party collaborators the proper handling of projects on systems and related services under responsibility
- Run the adequate principles of project management in projects related with systems under responsibility by ensuring that all the technical objectives / deliverables will be adequately covered
- Issue the necessary work orders for the systems, according to Business needs and under configuration management process in order to be executed by Operations’ team
- University degree in Telecommunications, IT or similar technical fields. Master’s degree will be considered as a strong asset
- At least 3 years of experience as a System Engineer or similar role with strong familiarisation in using Linux or Unix environments. Be familiar in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting relevant OS. Shell scripting knowledge would be a good asset
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies (VMware, OpenStack)
- Be familiar with SQL, Oracle DB concepts & principles
- Good understanding of networking and application-level operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Being a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Analytical way of thinking with problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and suggest solutions
[To send your CV please click here]