Call for CVs GR 19/07 Information Management Assistant
Position Title: Information Management Assistant
Duty Station: Athens
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Information Management Coordinator, the incumbent is expected to:
Required Qualifications and Experience
• At least 1 year of related work experience.
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and stakeholders, working in international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting.
• Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare clear and concise formal correspondence and project reports.
• Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
• Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment and office software packages. Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines.
• Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit
their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to
email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/07
by 14th January, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 08.01.2019-14.01.2019