Trenkwalder JobCentres Hellas, on behalf of its client, Danish Red Cross,
(based in Lesvos, Greece), seeks to cover the position of the:
for Hellenic Red Cross on Lesvos
(contract until end of 2018 with potential for extension).
The Social Worker is responsible for implementing, monitoring and reporting activities, as well as supervising volunteers and other psychosocial support staff, if any. He/she will be the Hellenic Red Cross focal point for this sector in the area of concern and will be based on Lesvos island.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality and frequency of the psychosocial support activities in cooperation with appropriated staff and coordination with other social services and agencies locally.
- Provide a minimum of monthly team meetings for Social Welfare Division volunteers.
- Conduct workshops and trainings to strengthen the capacity of the Hellenic Red Cross staff and volunteers in Psychosocial Support, Psychological First Aid, Stress management and other relevant topics, monitored and advised by the Head of Social Welfare Division.
- Implement, supervise and monitor the quality and quantity of the psychosocial activities in place in the designated area of work, with support from the HRC Head of Social Welfare Division and the Senior Officer of HRC Social Welfare Davison Training service for Social Welfare Volunteers in Branch Offices. It includes continuity of current activities and development and implementation of new ones.
- Activities can include but are not limited to: identification of individuals and families or groups with vulnerabilities, case management and referrals, child protection, psychological first aid, counselling, support groups, recreational and educational activities.
- Assess and identify the evolving needs for psychosocial support in order to adapt activities accordingly.
- Ensure adequate data collection and reporting.
- Monitor and report on psychosocial support activities to HRC Head of Social Welfare Division and inform regularly of changes in context and needs.
- Report on suspected abuses and issues of concern regarding harmful practices and behaviours.
- Active participate in all crisis events (mass influxes, disasters, emergencies etc) to provide relevant services, being on call and coordinated by the HRC Head of Social Welfare Division.
- Participate in relevant local coordination groups and share the minutes with HRC Head of Social Welfare Division.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the needed goals of the organization.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles and Social Work ethics.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Educated to degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- University degree in a relevant field
- Managing and supporting staff and systems
- Strong background in report-writing and product delivery to tight deadlines
- Planning, implementing and monitoring projects from conception to completion
- Training development
- Strong background in Project Cycle Management
- Writing, editing and analyzing complex reports
- Working with financial systems
- Working with the Red Cross Red Crescent
- Working for a humanitarian/non-profit making organization
Skills / Knowledge:
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, powerpoint, spreadsheets)
- Native fluency in written and spoken Greek
- Professional standard of fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate in any of the following languages: French, Arabic or Farsi/Dari is not required but will be an advantage
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Exceptional organizational ability with an eye for detail
- Documentation preparation/presentation and computer-based production skills
- Sensitive to cultural and regional issues
- Results focus and accountability
- Professional mastery
- Effective communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Initiative and direction
- Interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates can forward their resumes, quoting code
SW/drc until Friday 24th of August - EOB.
[To send your CV please click here]
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
The company will only contact candidates with resumes
that meet the required qualifications and criteria.